View Single Post
Old
09-17-2010, 11:52 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I only wanted to address the 2 highlighted points. I still think Tallon will be judging PDB regardless of what the roster may or may not look like. I'm sure he is going to expect a lot of the players to the point that he expects significant improvement.

He's (Tallon) already penciled in Higgins as the 2nd line LW and I'm sure expects a return to his 20 goal form. I'm sure Tallon is also expecting Booth to return to form, Frolik to take a bigger role, Matthias to improve and Grabner to be an impact player. If PDB fails to get the performance out of these players, I would seriously not be surprised to see Tallon replace PDB at some point this season.

And remember Tallon replaced Denis Savard quickly into a season and that was because he just found a coach he liked more in Quenneville. So I agree with the premise that the results or how he's getting along with the players (from this article and previous reports from the Boynton incident) may not determine PDB's fate as Panthers coach. I think it will just depend on whether Tallon believes he is the right coach for the team he wants to build or if there's a better candidate available.
Oh, Tallon will absolutely expect PDB do well in some aspects. I think he will measure his performance in the ability to coach well certain players, rather than the points we as a team accumilate at the end of the year. Certainly Tallon won't be giving him a free ride.

It will be how he works with certain key players and how he integrates into the Tallon framework that will determine DeBoer's long-term success here.

I hate that always tend to agree with you. I'd love to be your wife.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote