View Single Post
Old
04-25-2005, 01:23 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Doubling Hossa's numbers means more than what you think. Wellwood is showing great improvement and has the commitment and consistancy to perform well where ever he goes.
Hossa is floundering...

Whoops, I should have said the Earl is a safer bet to make the NHL AND make an impact when there.

I'd much rather have a solid bottom pairing that is capable of performing in any situation (PP, PK) than a fringe NHL forward.

At this point in their respective careers? Mitchell just finished playing in the OHL. Hossa has been floating around the AHL for three years and has not impressed at all. I'd much rather have a decent prospect that has a chance of making the Leafs and performing well in his role than Hossa who will not make an impact playing any role on the team (checker (which is laughable, considering he's a one dimensional player), or on the scoring line (if he did happen to be put on the scoring, Montreal is in trouble)).

Mitchell will contribure more to the Leafs in 3 years than Hossa can next year. Therefore, Mitchell > Hossa at this point.
- Again, if doubling Hossa's point totals in the AHL means more than I think, how come it doesn't when it comes to Ryder in the NHL? (don't want to start that again, but i'd like to know how you rationalize that?) it seems that your just coming up with logic in a way for it to fit your teams prospects and players, when it's about another player, it's the complete opposite...

- Robbie Earl is playing in the NCAA, before saying that he's a sure bet to play in the NHL and make an impact, how about you give him time to succeed in the pros, then I don't have a problem with that argument

- So Brendan Bell and Ian White is a solid NHL bottom pairing?...

- How do you figure Hossa hasn't impressed at all, he's actually accomplished very good things in the NHL, he's still young, and after not making much of an impact when he made the team last year, he struggled to find his game in the AHL when he was demoted (not the first time this happens to a prospect you know) he made the Young Stars squad 2 years ago, so he's not unfamiliar to succes in the NHL, it's all about confidence and finding consistency in his game, he's got alot fewer question marks than alot of the players you mentionned...