View Single Post
Old
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
lush
@jasonlush

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
So then the Canucks were being deliberately deceptive when Hodgson was featured in advertising for the tournament?
I don't really know what to say about it, I saw the add and I admit it lead me to believe he would participate, but then as an educated Canucks fan who follows the team closely I also thought it was simply odd. Then again how many people even know who #39 was? Another add had Henrik Sedin in it, but he wasn't at the rookie camp he's just a good face to throw out there based on his recent accolades. It wasn't like a press release saying Hodgson would be there.

Besides, when I say "The Canucks" I would imagine that should have read "Gillis and his trusted circle of power". I doubt he would have mentioned this information to the people who did the add. Also I saw Hodgon listed as our #1 C on the lineup/roster page on canucks.com. Gillis probably wouldn't have told the website content creators this either.

Let me put it this way. The press release that announced Cody wouldn't be there was 7 days ago. I just think Gillis in his head, knew this would happen before that announcement. Whether it was the night before or months ago I can't profess to know.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote