View Single Post
Old
09-17-2010, 10:38 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...legehockey.php

Quote:
Boston College sophomore winger Chris Kreider (Boxford, Mass.) didnt really get on the big-time hockey radar until his sophomore year at his local public high school, Masconomet Regional. Since then, his has been a meteoric rise.

He played at Phillips Andover for two years, accelerating his studies to enter BC last season. Last year, he was drafted in the first round 19th overall -- by the New York Rangers, started strong for BC, won gold with the U.S. at the World Junior Championship, won the Division 1 title with BC and then became the only college player on the U.S. entry at the World Championship.

I think I chose the best avenue to get me to the point where I wanted to go, said Kreider. For some, major junior or junior hockey is the correct route. It depends on what your priorities are and where you are in your development.

(The Q) really wasnt an option for me. I grew up in the Boston area watching the Beanpot and if I got a chance to play for BC or BU, its tough to turn that down to go to a French-speaking community in a foreign country. It takes a lot of guts and I respect people that do it: (Keith) Yandle, (Ryan) Bourque, (Paul) Dimitruk -- it worked out for them.

I needed to practice and needed to focus. That comes with less games. My thinking the game and hockey sense has to improve.