View Single Post
Old
09-17-2010, 10:47 PM
SenatorsFan

vCash: 500
I've grown tired of listening to sports talk radio because attempting to rationalize through fallacious and contradictory thinking is often tedious. This isn't specific to the Team1200, just in general, a lot of the hosts tend to sound like failed journalism students who insist on devoting the majority of the air time with mundane facts surrounding their lives.

That being said, I do tend to indulge once in a while and tune in.

Overall the station is run fairly well, considering Ottawa is a smaller market. TGOR is pretty juvenile, I agree, but who wants to analyze the intricacies of the Sens penalty kill at 6:30 in the morning anyway, seriously?

I like how they keep Jim Rome on at noon, although I don't listen to it so I don't know why that even matters to me.

The Jason York show is fairly entertaining, when he talks about his playing days it's nice.

The Fox shows they play at night are hit or miss depending on the day of the week. A couple of the hosts are really savvy and witty and carry a great show, while some of the others come across as inbred, loudmouth, bigot hicks. But they're cool too I guess.