Old
09-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
Carcillo doesn't bring his linemates down. Some guys can utterly destroy a line they are on but he isn't so bad as to do that. You are still playing 5v5 with Carcillo as opposed to 4v5.
See, I consider that a basic requirement, not a source of redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
Avery is good offensively and even better in the make-you-hate-me category. The off-ice stuff is meh. You don't like him as a person, but he is still a fine hockey player.
I don't care about his ability as a hockey player. He's a jackass through and through, and therefore I don't want him.

I wasn't around for the bulk of Claude Lemieux's career, but nothing I've read about him makes him look reasonable in my eyes either, playoff record and Stanley Cups be damned. I like the fact that, with rare exceptions, most NHL players are decent folk. Beats having to see thugball players charging into the stands, or watching the Cincinnati Arrest Of The Week.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote