Thread: Loose ankles
View Single Post
Old
09-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Crosbyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
So after having skated a few times on my skates, I'm still having problems with tightness around the ankles (or rather, the lack thereof). While my purchased skates are 2329392832 times better than the rentals, I'm just not quite able to get them tight enough around my ankles no matter how tight I tie them.

Part of the problem is my shoe size is a 12A. Yes, I walk on skis. My skates are 11.5D (length is fine), and I honestly haven't seen any skate slimmer than a D at that length. The Missions were the best fitting pair I happened to try (that was in my price range).

I wear double socks, and it helps. Should I try triple socks? What can I do to get a more secure fit around the ankles?
Your skates are too big. Obviously you know they are too wide, but aren't they too long as well?

I'm not familiar with the mission fit but a 12D foot would typically fit in a 10D or 10.5D in most skates. An 11.5D would be both too long and too wide (for them, and you are even narrower) as they (most 11.5Ds) are proportionally wider than a 10D or 10.5D...

Not sure where you would get 10A or 10.5A skates, but you probably haven't even got close too the narrowest "off the shelf" skates that will fit your feet lengthwise since 10D's are widely available.

With a 10D or 10.5D an extra sock and bigger footbed added might help, but you really need to be properly fitted...

Crosbyfan is online now   Reply With Quote