View Single Post
Old
09-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Oh, Tallon will absolutely expect PDB do well in some aspects. I think he will measure his performance in the ability to coach well certain players, rather than the points we as a team accumilate at the end of the year. Certainly Tallon won't be giving him a free ride.

It will be how he works with certain key players and how he integrates into the Tallon framework that will determine DeBoer's long-term success here.

I hate that always tend to agree with you. I'd love to be your wife.
Well I think Tallon is still expecting something almost immediately. Based on the comments from him yesterday about implementing a system, I think he's not expecting another slow start like previously yrs:
Quote:
Time to implement system? "It's the same for everyone. We have a good training camp schedule this year. We put everything in place to be really stable, not chasing all over the place. We got a nice solid week before the season starts so we could work on systems. … I'm confident when we hit Edmonton in October that we’ll be ready to go."
Now based on that I really think Deboer is on a shorter leash than some of us may think. If he starts off too slow in October, I wouldnt be surprised to see him let go before November. And if that happens, I could see the following be potential candidates to replace him, all of whom are currently available and have NHL coaching experience:

Bob Hartley
Craig MacTavish
Eddie Olczyk (Blackhawks connection)
Michel Therrien
Rick Tocchet
Kevin Constantine

I would actually prefer Constantine as he was working with youngsters in Houston and he has high expectations for players. Hartley might be a decent choice too but Tocchet may not be a bad choice based on how he worked with Stamkos & Downie last season.

Source: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...nthers/2010/09

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote