View Single Post
Old
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Hickey would be the only major quibble. First, there's no reason for him to drop from last year. Second, his ceiling is quite a bit higher than 7.5. Actually all the numerical rankings of the top guys look a tick or two low. Bernier's not a 9?
His ranking hasn't dropped, I just think that certain players in the same range played better than him last season. As for the ranking, a 7.5 puts him somewhere between the top and middle pairings, which seems fair. He hasn't shown anything at the professional level that would lead me to believe he has top pairing potential, although the sample size for him is pretty small. Rankings fluctuate: if he plays well enough in the AHL next season to deserve a bump I'd have no problem giving him one, but I hesitate to mark him as having a high upside solely because he's a top-5 pick.

As for Bernier, a 9.0 would rank him amongst Brodeur, Hasek, etc. I think it's too soon to tell if he has that kind of upside, but I did upgrade him from a C to a B. If he makes the Kings and performs well in more than a few games, I'll give him a bump. I try to err on the side of conservatism, rather than throwing around the elite tags.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote