View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 02:00 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig17 View Post
Seems more of a "right now" and less of an upside list to me...but then why so down on DD2? He's pretty "right now"
It's a combination of how they are now and upside, though admittedly, there's a bit of favoritism towards players who are better right now. It works out more so that they're actually in tiers.

From Clifford on up, I am convinced the four will be regular NHLers, and they will be good players. From Voynov to Jones, I think there are reasonable expectations of them making the NHL as regulars, though they may not make that great an impact. From Forbort to Toffoli, I think there are some big questions about making the transition to the professional level. The rest are rather limited in potential but might make it as NHL regulars... the exception in this group being Kitsyn, simply because he is the epitome of boom or bust.

I'm not as convinced Forbort will meet his potential like others are, so that's why he's a bit lower on the list. If we went by "right now" he'd actually be a bit lower. Weal and Kozun would also be higher.

As for Drewiske, he's very much a "what you see is what you get" type of player, and I don't see him being anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman on a good team.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote