Thread: Taylor Beck
View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Xion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
This is only partially true. CHL players have to be 20 years old before the start of the new year OR have four years of CHL experience before playing in the AHL. NCAA or European-based players can be signed and sent to the AHL right out of the draft.

We already have ten defensemen competing for seven spots before Ellis is thrown into the mix, so I just cannot see him staying with the club. He may stay late into camp, but I would be absolutely dumbfounded if he made the team over Sulzer, Franson, Parent, Johnson, Blum, and Josi.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying that. I assume that the CHL rule is put into place to preserve the league. Also it is 9 games not my a fore mentioned 10.

I think it is very likely that Ellis makes the team out of camp. He may not play any games but the experience with the team is invaluable. If we carry 8 Defensemen for the first 9 games that would really screw up the club. However I do agree that if Blum, Johnson, or Josi force the coaching staffs hand then we will most likely see Ellis gone to the CHL before the season.

Xion is offline   Reply With Quote