View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
With the d-men in particular I think there some pretty big "ifs" before we say they are just gone. As another already mentioned there are the RFA's to consider too. Having said that.................

1) Andrei Markov: I don't know what to think here. Markov seems content in Montreal but just for how much? Because he took a home town discount before doesn't mean he will again. And what about his health? That remains to be seen. This potentially will be his "big" contract. Habs he will re-sign I would imagine.

2) Roman Hamrlik: if Hamrlik stays relatively injury free and has a consistent season I'd consider re-signing at the right price. He seems to like Montreal too and if he does an admirable job with PK Subban he'd be all the more worth it if he could help to develop one of Carle or Weber or another young d-man.

3) Hal Gill: I'd prefer he be gone. He's just too one dimensional for my liking. This team needs help at even strength and he is not helpful in that area.

4) Alex Auld: who knows but I would suspect he would be gone. Many goalies out there.

5) Mathieu Darche: gone

6) Jeff Halpern: gone

7) Curtis Stanford: <shrug>

I see the re-building of the defence as the priority next year. What happens to guys like Gill and Hamrlik I guess depends on free agency and the youngins'. But if it would come down to the possibility of re-signing Gill or Hamrlik (assuming Markov is signed) for a reasonable price I'd lean towards Hamrlik because of his all round play and proven mentorship.

Last edited by swimmer77: 09-19-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Out of coffee.
swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote