Thread: Switzerland: Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL
View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
sorry, but I have to quote this old stuff. After I wrote this, many of you said it would be impossible and even I by myself thought it would be a little bit unrealistic
And now, it happened exactly that way, not with the same players but 13 camp invitees.
Ambühl and Deruns decided to stay here in Switzerland, but Schlumpf and Berger showed up and the Stars changed Stephan with Blindenbacher.
That's amazing!
With the chance of making the team I was also not that wrong. for now, I would change Sbisa up to 95%, Nino to 70% (at least the first 9 games) Josi and Weber will be first men to call-up because of injuries, so 45% is ok.
Simek, Schlumpf, Mayer and Berger need very good camps to have a chance -> 15%. Blindenbacher, Wick and Gerber will be around the roster, ready if the team needs them. I would say 55%.

Beside Streit, Hiller and Sbisa, we will see 3 other guys on opening night rosters I guess. Don't want to say which ones
IMO Schlumpf and Berger have 0% chances at making an NHL roster this season. If anything they are playing for a contract that would place them in the ECHL or AHL, but neither of them have any chance at all of making the NHL this season.

When was the last time you saw players passed over in draft(s) and then make an NHL team out of camp or even played that season? It just doesn't happen. They have a shot at an NHL/AHL contract, but they will both be in junior again in a week or two regardless of how they play (except Berger who COULD be in the AHL/ECHL).

Mayer also has a 0% chance of making the NHL this year and will probably play back-up in the AHL or starter in the ECHL. Josi has an outside chance at playing an NHL game this season, but is still behind Sulzer, Ellis, Laakso and Blum on the depth chart.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote