View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 11:40 AM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Besides the photos, the Ducks main site also has some video. It's something for those of us who can't attend the training camp in person.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|ANA|home

Judging by the press and some of the reviews, I'm worried that they will be giving Fowler a long look at staying past 9 games. Our defense is pretty nonmobile and bad at breaking out, so Fowler could contribute in that area. And his skating and puck-moving does look as advertised.

But I'm really worried whether he is physically ready to handle an NHL schedule with NHL forwards. Even Scott Niedermayer, who many compare Fowler to and who was drafted 3rd overall, returned for another year of juniors. I also think Philadelphia stalled Sbisa's development a bit by keeping him up in 2009 and not playing him enough. Not to mention the years lost of RFA.

edit: so they only had 2 teams? They've had 4 teams in the past. I wonder why they're cutting it down.
I agree but Niedermayer didn't get paired up with a veteran stay-at-home like Fowler does with Andy Sutton. We'll see though. If Sutton can be Fowler's mentor throughout the season and cover up for his rookie mistakes, I think Fowler just might steal a spot on that defense.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote