09-19-2010, 03:02 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2573
More on the lines:

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/19/10/Po...087&feedID=695

Quote:
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had some new lines to start the morning drills off Sunday:

Dan Carcillo-Danny Briere-Scott Hartnell
Mike Richards-Jeff Carter-Nikolai Zherdev
James van Riemsdyk-Claude Giroux- Bill Guerin
Ian Laperriere-Darroll Powe-Jody Shelley

Carter and Richards took turns at center on their line.

And guess what? Laviolette says that may happen in games, as well, with people switching positions.

“I’ve had a conversation with all the centermen and all of them feel they are better suited for the middle,” Laviolette said. “That’s what they’ve done, that’s where they’re comfortable. All of them can play the wing. They’ve all proven that at some point in time.

“I don’t have a direct answer for you as to who we’re turning into a right winger or a left winger. … We’re fortunate to be a position where we have four centermen to fill those top three spots and have three lines that can go out and hurt you.

“If that’s the case, I told those guys, you may find yourself on wing for a game or part of a game. Maybe you mix it up shift to shift. If Carter and Richards are on the ice together, I doesn’t it really matters who plays center. Cartsy (Carter) can play and Richie (Richards) can play.

“Same with Richie and Giroux. If we’re healthy all year and I have to battle that, then it’s a good thing.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote