View Single Post
Old
09-19-2010, 04:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
he played RW on the TCT line with Bourque and Stepan, but no he isn't. He is actually a natural center shifted to LW in Brampton.
Can someone please confirm that they're actually looking at Grachev at RW?

I've read a couple of posts that have claimed this, but have seen no documented evidence. In fact, I was under the impression that they had him on LW of Stepan with Bourque on the RW at Traverse City. And according to Gross (and others) he was on the LW of Christensen today. http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...mmage_lineups/

As far as him being a "natural" center, he's played amost no center over the last couple of years. Yes, he was a center in Russia before he came over to Brampton, back when he was 17 and younger, but that's like a HS baseball player playing SS and P. The best player almost always plays those positions in HS simply because he's so much better than everyone else - it's only when they start playing with others of their own skill level that you find out who's truly a SS and who's really a 3B, SS or CF. Once Grachev moved over to the CHL and then the AHL, he played wing almost exclusively.

Personally, I've thought he would flourish if they moved him the right side basically sine they drafted him, especially given his particular set of tools. But I'm not aware of any real effort to switch him. So again - can anyone confirm that they're actually trying this experiment this camp?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote