Thread: Switzerland: Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2010, 03:27 AM
swissexpert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I would swap Niederreiter and Gerber. Nino may play nine games but he will be sent back to his junior team, while the current goalie situation in Edmonton is very hard to predict.
For Gerber, I agree with you. Khabby is away from his best, even his solid days and has to spend a month or something in prison, while the "prospect"-duo isn't young nor anything special. Ok, Deslauriers wasn't bad, considering the Oilers defense...

For Niederreiter, I don't know it's all hype or is he really a superstar on the rise...
Only a year ago, he was something like # 45 on scouts lists, with the upside of going in the 1st round. After the WJC some crazy guys said he could be a top-20 draftee and he went along the scout's lists up to #10-12 and some speculated he could be the highest drafted swiss player ever. Then the Islanders took him at #5 and were all happy. You can't find many Isles fans now who're saying they'd rather have Fowler or Connoly...
The common thought was he has to spend 1-2 more years in Portland but in the last few weeks, I read a lot of Blogs/Articles saying he has to stay, even Scott Gordon is quoted Nino would get the same chance like others.
Fans are high very on him, expecting similar point production as Tavares in their respective peak years.
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and scores 35 points on the 3rd line. It's also possible that he won't do much in his first 9 games and score just 50 points in the WHL what makes him stay for another season.
I just don't know whats more possible...

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote