View Single Post
Old
09-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
Good point. I was just coming back to say Malakhov, too. Very unpopular guy for the reason you mention, but I always had the impression that he was a better athlete than he seemed.

I don't know if I ever saw a defenseman with better skills than Malakov. He was that good. He had the full package, and could have gone down as the best ever...if only he had the killer instinct. Imagine Vladdy with Ryan Callahans heart?

Seriously, Malakov was among the best skaters I have ever seen play the game. Long and rangy, but he could move effortlessly. Very smoothe, and his stick handling was way above average. But...He wasen't weak in the other areas. His shot from the point was booming, and the guy could hit the mark too. So usually when you have a guy that is so talented in certain areas he is weak in others, like the physical department. But...Malakov when he wanted to be was a monster! He had the size to crush people too. Even was good with his fists when he had to be.

At the end of the day though, it was plain and simple unwillingness to compete on a nightly basis for him. That was the only hole in his game.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote