View Single Post
Old
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
sounds like the fitness/skating issues will be his biggest obstacle, but given our lineup, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a taste of the NHL as early as this year... given our lineup, I'd much rather see him get a call-up and play 5-10 minutes on the 4th line then Maxwell/Palushaj/Desharnais.

let's face it, our roster is warm butter soft, and while I agree with those who argue that several of our players play a "tough" game even without being physically imposing, at the end of the day we don't have anyone pencilled in right now who can physically handle the goons/tough guys most of our opponents will be all to eager to use against us (anyone notice mcgrattan getting a try-out with the "B's"... come playoff time, I'd love to see the B's dress that guy against us, but in mid-january, watching him or a player like him take liberties on our guys with only Moen or Lapierre to "step-in" is a little distressing.

Schultz is as tough as they come, and I've heard from a few different first-hand sources that he was downright feared during his last year in the dub... despite being a top 6 guy for the Hitmen, even the pure goons on the other squads were hesitant to tangle with him... that says a lot imo.

Hopefully, Martin and co. (and then Cunneyworth and co. in Hamilton) do a good of showing this kid that if he puts in the conditioning/skating work, he'll be able to have a successful career... and that Schultz has the desire and motivation to make it happen.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote