Thread: Line Combos: Opening Day Roster
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
From what I saw in the scrimmage yesterday, these would be the lines/pairings I would use:

Forward Lines:

David Booth - Stephen Weiss - Michael Grabner
Chris Higgins - Steven Reinprecht - Michael Frolik
Cory Stillman - Shawn Matthias - Steve Bernier
Rostislav Olesz - Marty Reasoner - Radek Dvorak

Extras: Byron Bitz, Andrew Peters

Defensemen Pairings:

Dmitry Kulikov - Jason Garrison
Bryan Allen - Dennis Wideman
Bryan McCabe - Mike Weaver

Extra: Nathan Paetsch

Goalies:

Tomas Vokoun
Scott Clemmensen

That being said, I would make a move to really try and trade Reinprecht as I was really impressed with Santorelli and would rather him in the lineup but Reinprecht wasnt bad so couldnt justify taking him out of the lineup.

Some would notice that I dont have Frolik on the 1st line but I think he's less confident on a line with Weiss & Booth. He seems to not feel like he can take control on that line but when he's on another line, he looks more of what everyone expects from him. Higgins will also benefit from him being on that line as well IMO. That also gives the team 3 balanced, scoring lines which is what Tallon wants.

On defense, I'm sure everyone will notice that I have Garrison on the top pairing with Kulikov and McCabe on the 3rd pairing. I'm sorry but McCabe is too mistake-prone for me to be on a top 4 pairing. I could swap him and Wideman but I think Wideman is better at creating offense so I like him on the 2nd pairing with Allen. Weaver is good enough to cover up some of the gaffes of McCabe. And Garrison seemed really good yesterday that I think he would play well with Kulikov.

Thats almost a team that could sneak into the playoffs.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote