Thread: Ryder vs Ward
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 05:40 AM
Medicine Twin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I've seen many poster's lineup that have Ward as our 3rd line forward and Ryder playing the fourth line ... Now a question comes to mind : Why is that ?

I feel it's an evidence right now that Ryder is ahead of Ward in our depth chart. I would be very surprised if Ward played anywhere else than the fourth line. I feel Ryder as established himself like a potential (but limited) offensive weapon that plays with heart while Ward is still only a mucker ... Anyway I'd like to read from those that don't see it that way and especially the reasons why they see Ward ahead of Ryder at this time.
Ward outplayed Ryder last year in the AHL regular season AND in the playoffs. Ward HAS played in the NHL, while Ryder has not. In fact Ward has played really well in his most recent NHL stint. Don't get too far ahead of yourselves guys. Until Ryder shows he can produce more than Ward in the NHL, he shouldn't be ahead of him on the depth chart.

I still find it funny that I was one of the only ones who thought Ryder would even make the team just a month ago, now I'm trying to tell people not to get too high on him...