Dvorak-Reasoner-Bernier

Healthy Scratches: Bitz, Peters

Kulikov-Weaver
McCabe-Garrison
Wideman-Allen

Healthy Scratches: Paetsch

Vokoun
Clemmensen

Line 1-Booth/Weiss/Grabner = 3 guys that can create for themselves; all have + speed. Booth and Grabner on the wings would be difficult to stop.

Line 2-Experienced line. Higgins already stated in his interview that he knows what Stillman is about having played against him for years. A line in which all 3 players could give about 50+ points.

Line 3-I put Frolik on this line for a reason. Frolik on a 3rd line is pretty damn good, and it shows how our depth has improved. However, the main reason is for Olesz. If Olesz can't show improvement playing with a skilled linemate from the same country, and also a skilled young center in Matthias, it's time to give it up. Olesz and Frolik played on the same line in preseason I believe a couple of years ago, and they made some things happen. I'd like to see if they can elevate each other's game. It would be a line with a lot of potential, at least.

Line 4-Experienced, gritty line.

With the D men...I believe our best stay-at-home D man at this point is Weaver. I'd like to see Kulikov get heavily involved, offensively, and not be scared to make mistakes. In cases he does, he'll have Weaver backing him up.

I'd also like to see Allen get the least amount of playing time out of the D men. No offensive potential, and defensively, he's just slow at this point in his career, imo. Not really a big fan...just pair him up with the offensive-minded Wideman, and have him be a "stay at home" guy.

Just the way I'd do it.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote