View Single Post
Old
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Camenzuli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
What was our biggest need going into 07-08? First and second line centers. So we went and signed a playmaker (Gomez) to be the 1 and a leader/grinder (Drury) to be the 2. Every media outlet had us going very far in the playoffs that year. It was a bad break in the sense that Gomez and Drury never clicked with the rest of the roster like they should have.

Looking back on it, it's so easy to call it a bad decision. At the time they were good singings...a bit overpaid, yes...but the two signings were exactly what everyone said we needed.
Fair enough. He rolled the dice I guess.

So is it Drury's or everyone elses fault that he failed to find any chemistry with anyone on our roster during his spell here then?

Who's to blame? Sather for the contract or Drury for not earning his paycheck?

I guess I would have to go with both, everyone seems to agree Drury was overpaid at least a little bit even when he first signed the contract and that's all on Sather.

However, even Chris Drury can't be too proud about what he offers this organization at this point. It's all a bit sad really, I'm sure he's a good guy, he's just not a 7 million per year hockey player. Not even remotely close. And for that fact, I can't bring myself to like him very much right now. Kudos to those who can though.

Camenzuli is offline   Reply With Quote