View Single Post
Old
09-21-2010, 09:07 PM
97FlyersKing18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
We don't win the cup again because of leighton. We might not even make the playoffs
I really think that not making the playoffs would be a major reach. I mean last year literally everything that went wrong did go wrong and the Flyers still controlled their own destiny down the stretch. Plus, in addition to Lavy in control, the team will not go on a 20 of 30 game losing streak. Remember, Leighton was a major reason why the Flyers were even out of the basement with his consecutive wins and steady play.

While I do not think Leighton is the best goalie in the East, there are for sure 7 teams worse than the Flyers during the regular season (In no Particular order: Maple Leafs, Islanders, Rangers, Panthers, Hurricanes, Thrashers, Canadiens) and a few similar squads (Sabres, Senators, Bruins, Lightning) and a few teams perhaps above the Flyers (Capitals, Penguins, Devils). I am not saying that is the way it will play out, but it is something to think about. Also, I am not saying the Flyers wouldn't beat the Capitals, Penguins or Devils or lose to the Bruins, Sabres, or Senators in a 7 game series because I think they could either way.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote