View Single Post
Old
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Leggy/Andersson pairing were the two best players on the ice, imo.

I didn't think Franson stood out that much today, I thought Blum was better.

I agree with previous poster about Toots. He was running around and made a couple of nice moves, but also fired a few ineffective shots off way off target, and scored no goals.
Just a few observations from yesterday and today.

Anderson really looks good. He created several scoring opportunities with Leggy today. He seemed to separate himself from the defenseman covering him just enough to either get a shot off or pass to someone bearing down the slot. And he's a big body that should not be easily separated from the puck.

Blum handles the puck exceptionally well. On break-outs he excels - had a couple of "wow" moves today moving the puck up ice. On the defensive side, I don't know enough to evaluate his positioning. Seems to have grown into his frame. Doesn't look at all thin.

With the glut of forwards at camp, I was a little worried about Tootoo finding a place. His speed just stands out when he is on the ice. Others are either chasing him, or trying to avoid him as he bears down on them. Being close to the ice, you can see the eyes of his opponents watching him, always aware of where he is. No other player on the team has anywhere near that presence. Will he score lots of points, no. Will he take bad penalties, probably. Will he disrupt the flow of a game, yes.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote