View Single Post
Old
09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I haven't been to camp and won't get to go this year because of my move. I've been to a lot of camps the last few years though and this much I can tell you, relax. We're 3 or 4 days in to camp. Some guys will look good, some will look bad. It's not that a big deal just yet. I don't know what expectations have of these guys but I think some are expecting guys like Wilson and Blum to be that much better than everyone on the ice. They're young players that have tremendous skill but guess what, they're going up against guys with tremendous skill that have played in this league for a while. A few practices does not make or break a guy being on this team for the long haul. Poile and Trotz probably know who their starting 18 is going to be on opening night, long before camp hit. There might be a battle or two for either a forward position or the number 6/7 slot on d. Everything else is solidified in their minds.

I really don't know what expectations people have of anyone on the ice but if you're expecting Blum, Wilson, whoever it is, to light it up every time they touch the puck or defend someone, you're gonna be disappointed more often than not. Look at the entire practice as opposed to a mistake or two that someone makes and then assess. I noticed someone said Wilson was offsides many times. What is many? Was it on him or the guy going to the blue line and peeling off that caused him to be offsides? Watch the whole game as opposed to just one guy and then say, he was offsides, he's having a bad practice. It may not have been him that was the problem. If it were Fiddler, then I'd say the blame is all his....lol. Enjoy the practices and keep the reports coming. Love to hear what everyone has to say.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote