View Single Post
Old
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
We shall see.

And actually, I'd be curious to see how often this happens with young players. Is this a somewhat common occurance among young players that all teams deal with? Is it only "newsworthy" because it's Kabanov and say, not Tony DeHart?
I think it all depends, I notice that if your coming out of the college ranks or Canadian juniors it really doesn't happen, I mean hell those kids are primed and trained for stuff like this. If I had to guess it would probably happen to European and Russian kids more. I'm not going to say Kabanov isn't somewhat out there with this because he is, but I think that 99% of the time if it was any other player then this wouldn't even have been mentioned. Plus think about before the twitter/facebook/myspace age this stuff was never mentioned, instant news like that makes things much worse than they seem or turns a non story into a story like this is now. I wonder how often this happened back then in the 80's 90's ect with other kids on other teams and whatnot, I bet it's not uncommon.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote