Thread: Deutschland Cup
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate86NY View Post
Wow. No hockey fans there/does the Munich team suck that bad?
munich has some good fans, but not many. it's no hockey town. it's all about soccer.
the german federation thinks that people from other areas of bavaria will come to watch the games, but i somehow doubt it.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was wondering...The page I checked for info said something about former NHL players so I'd be curious to see each team's roster, that would really help me decide whether I'm going or not.
former NHLers...hm...that can have so many different meanings. i'd expect a pretty young german team with some interesting players. gogulla, dietrich, justin krueger with a NA hockey background for example.

switzerland usually brings the best team too, always worth watching IMO.

team canada should be full of former NHLers, but those AHL-callup-minor leaguers with few NHL games who are now in europe. not worth watching usually.

and slovakia should have a decent team too. probable former NHLers could be miro zalesak and ivan majesky

if you can enjoy solid hockey and don't expect NHL-like skill you might like the tournament, but i'd say it depends on travel/ticket prices. i wouldn't spend much.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote