View Single Post
Old
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
panthersfan751

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Your argument is valid in why we should trade him etc. uncontroverted. My objection is characterizing him as a "horrible player" becasue of value. He is what he is irrelevant to his salary. Whether he FITS is your argument, which i concur.
I wish we could trade him, but it seems that we can't. Even Sexton talked about trading him and I believe if we could have found a deal with either Sexton or Tallon, Olesz would be gone. The problem is we'd probably have to take back an even worse contract to unload him. Our only legitimate option barring him breaking out this year seems to be a buyout and the price for buying him out will increase after next offseason.

For him as a player, I agree, he's not horrible. He's a 3rd liner who still has the potential to break out and become a top 6 player. For whatever reason (poor development, injuries, etc.) he hasn't developed past a 3rd line role. Were he making less, I'd want us to keep him, but given his escalating salary and the length of the contract, I think his contract outweighs the potential benefit of keeping him.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote