Thread: A stupid theory
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 07:04 AM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
There is a negative theory about the 2 new players. Begin and Langdon. They will play rough, they will hit the 2 first lines opponents, then the other team will do the same to the 2 first line of the habs players, who are a lot smaller and injury prone than the rest of the league. With a game made with more risks of injuries, Koivu will go to coach Julien's office and ask him to stop that play. He will ask to diminuate the ice time of Langdon and Begin. Because Koivu, Rib, Juneau, Rivet, Dackell, Sundstrom and Audette can't play an overly physical game where they will get injured.

In the past 4 years, Habs have played a soft game so the opponents hit them less, some of habs players won't be happy with the new philosophy GM Gainey is bringing. It will be interresting to see in the next month who has the power over that team:
Gainey (and the rough players) ?
or
Koivu (and the small soft players) ?

This is just a theory, not mine. I find it stupid, but the way I present it, it's logical (doesn't mean that a logical theory is good, huh?).
This is the line up i hope the habs will have at some point:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Kilger-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Juneau

Markov-Komi
Souray-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet

To me it is not that soft and could even be a team that can hit. Yesterdays game showed hossa and Ryder deliver several big hits, ward-kilger-zednik-bulis-begin-Langdon can all hit. The Question is if gainey sees it that way...