View Single Post
Old
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
on a wire

vCash: 500
I want to start playing again after ~4 years away from hockey...any advice?

Hey guys, like the thread title says, I'm looking to starting playing again after about four years away from hockey...the only problem is I don't really know where to start now!

I'm 21 and played in 'A' level travel leagues from when I was 8 or 9 until I was 17 (midget major). By my senior year of HS I developed a lot of interests other than hockey and (regrettably) stopped playing. Now after a few years away from the game, I'm dying to get back to playing again. Unfortunately, I don't really know anyone who plays anymore so I'm kind of lost as to how I should get back in the game.

I was just wondering if anyone here has been in a similar situation, and what the best way to start playing again would be (pick up games maybe?). I haven't skated since I last played so I know that I'm going to be incredibly rusty. I'm not in terrible shape at all, but definitely not in hockey shape.

Any advice from people who have been in a situation similar to this, and what you did to get back to playing would be awesome. sorry for the long post. thanks!

on a wire is offline   Reply With Quote