View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 07:25 AM
BluesConvert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1
let's not go into PK panic mode just yet. Johnson, Murray and Kimmo all sat out last night, and each of these guys would ordinarily see a lot of time on the PK.
Agreed.

Johnson : Quality, reliable, responsible PK'er.

Kimmo : Rarely burned on the PK

Murray : A one man PK all by himself. Several times last year he and Walker could have been our 2 PK units, and we'd have been just fine.

------------------------------------------------------

Don't sweat it, guys. Notice, for example, that Schnabel was on EVERY PK that gave up a goal. Much as I like Schnabel, he AIN'T a PK guy. As others have suggested, this is exactly why you play pre-season games...to see what guys do in unfamiliar or new situations.

And don't forget one other thing...this was Vokoun's first full game of the year...it's very possible he simply had an off night, and a couple of those were pucks he'll stop 9 times out of 10. I'm not saying that's what happened, as I didn't see the game...merely that it's a possibility.

We've historically had a VERY good PK unit...I can't immagine that better skaters with more energy who are more agressive are going to make it a whole lot WORSE.

/bc