: Line Combos:
3rd Line RW
View Single Post
09-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
3rd Line RW
IMO it's been/will be the only spot that's completely up for grabs.
Cammy, Pleks, AK, Gomez, Gionta and one of Pouliot/Eller (with the other dropping to the 3rd line) will most probably be the top 6 to start the season.
Halpern will likely be the C of the fourth line, and so Boyd must be the 3rd line's LW/C.
That leaves Moen, Lapierre and Palushaj (outside chance) to fight for the last spot on the third line. Over the summer I figured it should be Lapierre by default although, knowing Martin, it would probably go to a more experienced player like Moen who would IMO negate any offensive potential his line might have. However, after seeing how well Palushaj has done so far at the rookie and main camps, the thought of Eller and Palushaj providing secondary scoring seems very appealing to me.
So, I have a few questions to ask:
1) Of those who watched Hamilton's playoff run or have seen Palushaj enough to get a good read on him, do you think he has a strong enough defensive game to play on our 3rd line (and do you think he's ready to)?
2) If he does make the team, who sits out game 1? Pyatt? Moen? And if not, does he get a call up before Desharnais, Maxwell, Avtsin etc.?
3) While IMO Lapierre's offensive game is underrated, do you think it's good enough to earn him a spot on the third line and do you think he'll be able to play his game more consistently than he has in the past?
4) Do you think Moen is that stabilizing vet presence our 3rd line needs next to the likes of Eller and Boyd?
5) How do you think this will all play out?
(hopefully this will help take a breather from the Price bashing
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Playmaker09