View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 03:44 AM
seanerixon

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post
Let him get some more time in net.
Even if he doesn't allow a single goal, send him to the Phantoms.
I agree, and he will get some more time. That is fact.
Now for the rest of what you said..
... Why on Earth would anyone do that? What is not broken, do not attempt to fix. If he post a 100SV%/0GAA, why would you not let him start in the NHL? Even if it is preseason.

I get it, preseason is for players to get their game back, and to see if some youngsters (or Bill Guerin's) have what it takes to make their respective NHL club's roster. But.... Lappy still dives in front of pucks in preseason, Zherdev took a hit to make a play, and players still bring a lot to the table. Specially those fighting for a roster spot. I think people are really taking this preseason thing lightly when it comes to discussing Bobrovsky, it's still an NHL exhibition game. If I got a young goalie who has shown in another adult prime hockey league that he has the skills, and comes into my league posting good numbers.. I'm giving him the shot he deserves.

And I understand the reasoning for sending him to the AHL, to get him more adjusted. But I also believe that can kill confidence as much as build it. If he looks better than any other goalie on our roster, then he is my go to guy. No better practice than preseason games. I'm sure Reese can build his game more during the season just like he did with Leighton.

That is just my personal take on it. I'm not saying he will post great numbers, this is just a response to the quote.

Now for my own personal statement on the topic at hand, I hope Bob does well. In fact I hope he does so well, he is named started by Christmas(so Santa can leave me a Bobrovsky jersey under the tree for December 25th).

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote