Thread: Speculation: Sean Avery a goner?
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 07:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Sean Avery a goner?

Rick Carpinello

Quote:
The next part of the equation is, if Avery is not in Tortorella’s plans, what do you do with him? No other team in the league wanted any part of him at half price last time he went through waivers. And now he’s coming off a bad year. You could dump him to Hartford, theoretically.

I am just not sure where No. 16 fits, especially if Tortorella isn’t convinced that Avery had figured out where the line is, and how and when he can cross it. Because if he can’t play that way, then he’s surely expendable.

And if he leaves, the Rangers will surely have trouble finding the things he can bring when he’s right. I’ll tell you something else. The fans love Avery. But the Rangers have one of the rare coaches who really doesn’t care what the fans think.

I don’t think it’s far fetched. Do you?
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2010/0...gers+Report%29

Quote:
Among the wings, Sean Avery has had a very strong camp, but the Rangers' plans for him remain unclear. Norwegian phenom Mats Zuccarello, gritty Brandon Prust and veteran tryout candidate Ruslan Fedotenko - a Tortorella favorite - also are competing for spots
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz10Ls9vItE

Larry Brooks wrote a few days ago about Avery and Redden not being used with any of the regular players or players who should make the team.

The Rangers can't trade Avery. Which team wants him after the spectacle in made of himself with the Stars? If the Rangers trade him,the entire cap hit goes to the trading team. Not 1/2 like now from re-entry waivers. He will be a pain in the ass in Hartford. No other AHL team will take him. The Rangers won't put him on re-entry waivers if he is claimed because they'll be stuck with 1/2 of the cap hit when he is playing for another team. Stars would be off the hook in that scenario.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote