Thread: Speculation: Sean Avery a goner?
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 07:57 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I hope that Stepan makes the team.

In the Daily News, it says that Dylan isn't going to get even one pre-season game in? While not the end of the world by any stretch, I'm disappointed in that.

One game is not gonna hurt the kid or the team. Seems silly to have him here and not get a game in.
after last nights interview with leslie treff on mouths show, one of the callers had an interesting take on this whole dylan thing.

the rookie game at jersey was originally open to the public- like prior years but now its not. no one knows for sure but he said his source said it was the nyr who closed the game and not the devils. his take was that the rangers want no part of the public (fans) seeing mcilrath play. they want to protect him form any scrutiny and dont want judgements made about his play or the choice of him at #10. if you buy into that theory, then it makes sense that your wouldnt see him in any preseason games.

leslie discussed it too but i cant remember what she said about it specifically other than the game was changed from open to the fans to "closed".

i thought it was an interesting take last night when i heard it.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote