Thread: Speculation: Any word on the line-ups?
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Guerin is on a tryout, not a guaranteed contract. I don't care what Timmy P and those morons write about him being a lock. He's old and needs to prove he still has it. With that said I agree there are bigger problems than how he performs in game 1 of the preseason.
Guerin(21-24-45pts) is the best option to fill out the roster, Mark Recchi is old too but he still put up solid numbers last season(18-25-43pts). Most likely you would have Guerin on a line with Giroux and JvR, a perfect fit. If you want to say that Guerin should have scored more in Pittsburgh he was the 5th best scorer on the roster, just above him was Jordan Staal with 21-28-49pts. Considering what the second best option is I think Guerin is pretty much a lock.

Quote:
Please explain to us all how you blame Zherdev for his -3. I'm interest to see how you will try to pin the blame of any of those 3 on him, or is it that you are boxscore scouting? That is a joke of course, but seriously I don't blame him for any of those and I was quite prepared to hate him and his dipsydoodling.
Are you kidding me? Zherdev; -3, Carter; -2, Richards; -1. So each of those players were on the ice for the goals, were they bad line changes from Zherdev for he and Carter to be on the ice for all three of the Devils goals? This is his MO, this is why he gets himself in trouble. Lazy on the backcheck and overextends his shifts. From my view I saw Carter trying to get back, but never noticed Zherdev in the zone for the Devils goals. Zherdev will amaze the crowd with his snap shot and his stickwork, but he has tendencies which are hard to shake.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote