View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
beth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
You need to get your daughter into it too. I have two daughter, 13 & 9 that both play. I had a blast this summer as my team was seriously short on players and they let my older daughter play. She had a Gordie Howe (light) hat tirck - a goal on the first shift of the game, a sweet assist and a penalty. This is the time I've been waiting for, when she can actually play with me. It would be even more fun for you if your daughter plays and the two of you play together on a women's team some years down the road. Either way, keep it up and enjoy yourself. Your never too old to start - I did at 33.
I wish I could get her to play, but she will have none of it. My son is the hockey player, and my daughter plays piano and recently she started playing Ultimate frisbee with her dad, and she is really good at both of those things. She really would like to be good at skating (because it bothers her that her little brother is better at something), but she is so timid on the ice, and refuses to wear any padding (though I do make her wear a helmet). She just doesn't have the nerve to push herself enough to progress. If she didn't have the other stuff going on, I'd put her in some lessons, but I really don't think skating is her thing. It just makes her all pissed off and frustrated. I'll have to wait until she wants it.

beth is offline   Reply With Quote