View Single Post
09-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Ollie Queen
vCash: 500
I'm almost 24, played college puck and now just play on some A division beer league teams and a couple of drop-ins with guys who played junior/college in their past. Probably started playing at about 7 years old. I would say by the time I was 14-15 my wrister was pretty hard/accurate for my age. It's obviously improved immensely over the years as I've gone from a 5'10 150lb 15 year old to a 5'10 195lb adult, but I would say the technique and accuracy were there after about 7 years of organized hockey, starting pretty young. I've had one of the best wrist shots on just about every team I've played on, including my college team (IMO) since I was about 12. My slapper took a little longer to develop. I'd say I started to hit my stride at around 16 and really started to nail it down between 17 and 18. Today my slapper is well above average but nothing special compared to my wrister. I'm definitely a quick snap from the circles kind of guy and my slapper probably constitutes less than 20% of all shots I take in games.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote