View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Correct about his shot. Thats also one of the problems plaguing most of the defense. But lets talk about Gilroy. You are right. Gilroy probably isnt a part of a top tier squad. But I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and give him another camp and preseason to prove he belongs here. If nothings changed, then so be it. But I believe they are going to give him that shot to prove himself at the NHL again which is why I think hell make the team.

Forgot Sauer - I think if he would have stayed healthy and had been playing the majority of the past 2-3 years he might have been in Gilroys spot. I havent soured on him (no pun intended, lol) but the time is running out for him to really prove he belongs here. When he was up with the big club he was touch and go, a little spotty in his play finding his way. But thats really unfair to him given the fact that he is one of those Hartford fellas that are good enough to play but never have been given a really long look at the NHL level. It just seems some guys like Byers, Sauer, etc... are good enough to crack an NHL lineup but for whatever reason this is just not the right team for them to do it on. Theres always another youngster in the same spot thats a little more intriguing or a first rounder thats jumping the ladder...

Yeah and I think your point about Gilroy is the one way that certain people and the organization can support him being on this team to start the year.

I don't take issue with people who want to give him another chance, I'm just of the opinion that I don't think his game is ever going to translate at the NHL level.