Thread: Speculation: Sean Avery a goner?
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
If the NHL was smart they wouldn't inhibit Avery. He is a character. He does and says outlandish crap.

Why do you think the NFL is so popular and focused upon in this country? Because it's full of colorful individuals who talk a lot of smack and who do and say a lot of controversial ****. (edit: there are other reasons why but this is a HUGE one)

Let's face it, the NHL is full of uninteresting (though incredibly talented) athletes.

Like the Phaneuf situation. I thought it was ****ing hilarious. Sloppy seconds? Awww poor Dion got his feelings hurt so now Avery has to apologize and all these ridiculous NHL talking heads are acting like what he said was so appalling. Give me a ****ing break.

That's the kind of stuff this league needs if it wants to become popular again; the game itself isn't appealing enough to most people in this country because THEY'VE NEVER TOUCHED A HOCKEY STICK.

Personally, I like hockey even if the guys are boring because I've been playing since I was 7. But look at it from the point of view of someone who lives in Dallas or Nashville or another city where hockey isn't played. If you have a league full of guys who constantly make headlines, wouldn't you at least try to watch a few of their games even if you don't like the sport?

Last edited by Stugots: 09-23-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote