View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
FinlandPanther

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=sabrefan27;27915629]Few observations...

Gudbranson was one of the best players on the ice. He looked incredibly comfortable. He made two strong outlet passes. One led to a breakaway, the other should have. It doesn't look like he needs any more time in juniors.

Plante was spectacular. 3 awesome saves. There's no guarantee that Markstrom is even 3 on the depth chart. It'll be a battle.
Ellerby was pretty awful, other than his nice hit on Lucic. He barely saw the ice in the first 2 periods. He tried to skate around someone in the defensive zone and nearly caused a breakaway. Played more in the third, but had an absolutely awful turnover right in the slot that directly lead to Boston's second goal. He may have bulked up, but he still turns the puck over.

im not even being a homer when i say this, but plante cant hold markstroms jockstrap, markstrom is miles ahead of plante and is 4 years younger, has great size and is better in every aspect of the game than plante. plante is likely a career ahl'er, with a little chance to be an ok back-up, while markstrom has elite starter potential. plante was not that good in the camp.... is ellerby just a horrible hockey player because i only hear how bad he is from you, yet yesterday he looked great. i do thank you though for your gudbranson assesment and im glad you gave a little assesment on him as he looked great yesterday as well.