View Single Post
Old
04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
saskhab

vCash: 500
Koivu's frame has taken a pounding over the years... I think his lack of size does effect his health. Not his play when healthy, though. Ribs hasn't been hurt (that I can remember) since turning pro... but he was fairly ineffective in the playoffs, though it was his first time.

Bonk is the two-way guy who can match up physically we needed... Although he's not your typical "physical" forward, his size can be used effectively against other top-line centres. We were lucky that Thornton was hurt in the series against Boston, but Lecavalier just dominated us in the 2nd round. Bonk will get a lot of "shadow" assignments in the Eastern Conference.

That being said, we do need a top 6 winger over another centre. Zednik isn't an elite winger, but he's our top sniper. Ryder has the potential to top 30 goals, but I still wouldn't consider him a go-to-guy just yet. Then there's Perezhogin, Higgins, Hossa, and Dagenais to fill out the 2nd line spots... not that desirable, though one of them for one of those spots would be fine.

I generally like the look of our D as well, especially since it looks like Souray is for real as a top pairing two-way guy... if he stays healthy.