View Single Post
Old
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
im not even being a homer when i say this, but plante cant hold markstroms jockstrap, markstrom is miles ahead of plante and is 4 years younger, has great size and is better in every aspect of the game than plante. plante is likely a career ahl'er, with a little chance to be an ok back-up, while markstrom has elite starter potential. plante was not that good in the camp.... is ellerby just a horrible hockey player because i only hear how bad he is from you, yet yesterday he looked great. i do thank you though for your gudbranson assesment and im glad you gave a little assesment on him as he looked great yesterday as well.
Plante looked great in rookie camp. And hearing he played really well tonight makes me pretty convinced that he's a damn good goalie. Better than i expected.

Markstrom is definitely hyped up, and definitely highly touted, and much of it is deserved. I mean, the kid dominated an elite men's league as a teenager. But i wouldn't say Plante can't hold Markstrom's jock strap.