View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 05:55 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
There is the possibility of there being four rookies (MZA, Stepan, Sauer, and McD) to go along with the possibility of five second year players (MDZ, Anisimov, Boyle [He only played 28 games prior in the NHL], Prust [His rookie year he only played 36 games or something like that], and possibly Gilroy).

If they carry a 23 man roster, that's almost half of the team having less then two full NHL seasons of experience.

I'm fine with that. Will be a very hungry team and I could live with seeing the young kids play and not make the playoffs
I said the same thing last night. I consider this another year of transition. Integrate more youth, allow another year of growth for Staal, Dubinsky, MDZ and Anisimov, and hope that the prospects in the system, most notably Kreider, Werek, McIlrath and Thomas either begin or continue to take the necessary steps towards becoming NHL players themselves. I will be okay not making the playoffs if Stepan, McDonagh, Sauer and one of MZA or Grachev makes the roster and are able to establish themselves as NHL players.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote