View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 09:37 AM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Thank you for a voice of reason. Guerin was brought in to fill a top 9 spot on the roster BECAUSE Laviolette most likely feels that Carcillo cannot keep a top 9 spot for a full season. Guerin is a security that will cost little but give the Flyers a fwd who can give them @35pts and give 13-15mins of TOI. He can play several roles on this team but most likely I could see him as a mentor to JvR and Giroux. This is a perseason game folks, he has over 1,000 NHL career games. Losing Gagne and replacing him with Zherdev is a risky move, bringing in another scorer who can contribute like Guerin is an insurance policy.

As far as where he fits it is pretty straight forward I think:
Zherdev-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Leino
JvR-Giroux-Guerin
Carcillo-Shelley-Powe-Betts-Laperriere

Most likely it will be Bartulis or Walker who is waived, Walker would be the smarter move of the two.
You're confusing the concept of Bill Guerin with the reality.

I think most people agree that Bill Guerin SHOULD be the perfect complement to JVR and Giroux. Poise, veteran savvy, leadership, size, a scoring touch, and (historically speaking) decent defensive responsibility. He should be a perfect #9 scorer that this team is otherwise lacking.

But he looks way too slow out there. I don't think he's still the Bill Guerin that we want him to be...and if he's not, then we have to accept that if the reality of Bill Guerin won't live up to the concept, then we gotta let him go.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote