View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 10:27 AM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Regular season, he is asked to put up 13-15mins evTOI time and he will be fine. JvR is going to get a jump in his minutes but not much. I am sure that during the season Giroux will get double shifted to replace someone, but as it stands having Carcillo or Powe in the top 9 over a guy like Guerin for a playoff contending(supposedly Stanley Cup contending) team makes zero sense. This is the type of move made by a team who is the "win this year mode" and I agree with bringing him in to spport the current cast.
I don't think he will be fine.

He looks slow, lost, and useless against teams comprised mostly of AHL players.

Either he's not trying, or he doesn't have anything left to contribute and he will hurt this team. I don't care about the money since I assume his cap hit will be close to minimum for one year only. I care about the roster moves necessary to fit him in.

So far he's demonstrated that he is too old and slow to keep up with any of our young layers and contribute; and if anything, his turnovers in the offensive and neutral zones will be costly. Best case scenario, they kill offensive pressure for us. Worst case, we get scored on because he can't move his old feet.

Are you actually watching him play and choosing to ignore it because you want to assume he'll get good when the games count? That's not how tryouts work.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote