View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
NO, I think he screwed up royally and he is trying to piece together a team with three lines that can contribute.

So it seems like Laviolette likes the idea of Zherdev with Richards and Carter. This is a top line, no problems.

Next is Leino-Briere-Hartnell, Laviolette is on record he is going to keep this line together going into the season unless something changes.

JvR-Giroux were paired together last season, seems like Laviolette may keep them together which leaves Laviolette with trying to fit Carcillo with those two, which is a very poor match. So along comes Guerin, he can play RW, has experience, likes to play around the crease which benefits JvR and Giroux, has the experience of a vet and can still get you 30-40pts realistically with 13-15mins TOI.

So bringing Guerin at a low cost, high possible reward is precisely what he has done all offseason. This move is no different than bringing in Meszaros or Zherdev, two other reclamation projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Let's be honest with ourselves here. Holmstrom is in camp for a tryout, Guerin is in camp for a workout and a contract. If he stays healthy up until opening day he will be on the roster and he makes the roster deeper and better. Carcillo is a nice player, but given the choice going into the playoffs I would want Guerin over Carcillo every night.

Is Guerin your favorite player or something?

You're completely ignoring the reality. You're expecting him to put up the same points he got on a line with Sidney F***ing Crosby and getting PP time while playing on the third line here? And on a team that expects more skating and a higher tempo on the forecheck?

Open your freaking eyes, dude. He cannot keep up with JVR and Giroux and is constantly turning the puck over. He's not producing at all. Even if he's taking it lightly because it's preseason, he should look better against a bunch of AHL players than he has.

I'm starting to think you either don't know anything about hockey, or just refuse to actually watch. Guerin is not low risk, high reward at all.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote