View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Dude, I was pretty stoked when I heard Billy G was coming to tryout. I thought he would be ready to go and prove he still had something left...and I loved the idea of him playing on JVR and Giroux's wing. Watching him has demonstrated, to me, that he isn't going to live up to those hopes at all.

But just because it's preseason and the quality of competition is bad does not excuse him from looking god awful. He's slow, he can't control the puck, his passes aren't very good...no parts of his game look even decent.

I don't expect him to light the world on fire and score goals, but the fact of the matter is that he just looks awful. It's one thing to take the preseason lightly but at least show that you're in shape and ready to go...Guerin is literally displaying NOTHING positive.

People need to accept the fact that he may well have nothing left in the tank and stop saying "well, he's cheap, so who cares?" If he can't play, he can't play and there's no point in signing him.
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to say.

I just don't see the point of signing a bad player, especially to a 35+ contract, just because he would come cheap. He provides nothing that our young guys (several of which are clearly ready for the NHL) can't.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote