Thread: News Article: Lars Eller interview
View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
he should not play as a bottom 6 forward ... the guy is ready for the nhl and should be on the 1st or second line with plekanec or gomez centering him ... i think he would work better with plekanec and cammalleri because the guy is an unreal passer and has unbelievable vision ... the fact that you guys want him as a 3rd line player is upsetting and wierd.... third line centers are a dime a dozen, you can go pick one up via free agency such as brendan morrisson or even pavol demitra ... eller needs to play with great players in order to reach his potential ... by playing him on the third line you are holding him back
Sounds all good but Eller is a center first and foremost and the only spot available at that position would be on the 3rd line. If the mission of the 3rd line remains the same this season, i.e. a checking line, then Eller would be better off playing next to Gomez and Gionta. I thought Pyatt-Moore-Lapierre was the perfect checking line but if Eller were to play center, a guy like Dustin Boyd might become more productive.

Eller with G&G and a 3rd line of Pyatt-Boyd-Lapierre should be good enough but that means Pouliot would become useless.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote